Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Classics Club Spin List

This is my first time participating in the Classics Club "Spin," and below I've included my spin list.  It's pretty straightforward:  next week, the Club will pick a number between 1 and 20.  We then have to read the book that corresponds to that number on our spin lists by April 2.


1 Boswell, James The Life of Samuel Johnson
2 Bunyan, John Pilgrim's Progress
3 Dickens, Charles Great Expectations
4 Dos Passos, John Manhattan Transfer
5 Eliot, George Romola
6 Faulkner, William Absalom! Absalom!
7 Forster, E. M.  A Passage to India
8 Gissing, George New Grub Street
9 Gogol, Nikolai Dead Souls
10 Greene, Graham The Quiet American
11 Hawthorne, Nathaniel The Marble Faun
12 Heller, Joseph Catch-22
13 James, Henry Sacred Fount
14 Lessing, Doris The Golden Notebook
15 Mahfouz, Naguib Palace Walk
16 Steinbeck, John The Grapes of Wrath
17 Stendhal Charterhouse of Parma
18 Stoker, Bram Dracula
19 Trollope, Anthony Barchester Towers
20 Zamiatin, Yevgeny We






















































































































6 comments:

  1. Dracula is on my list too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure Island for you? Enjoy! I've got Zamyatin's We.

      Delete
  2. Nice list! I got E.M. Forster and Bram Stoker on my list as well, though in different spots. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll be reading Zamyatin's novel We for the Spin.

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't get that E.M. Forster book, not a fan. But I can definitely get behind The Quiet American--Graham Greene is one of my favorite authors and this novel easily ranks in the top tier of his extensive works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out I got Zamyatin's We--I'm looking forward to reading it. I should have read it a long time ago.

      Delete