Friday, March 21, 2014

Trying to read during March Madness

I've come to accept one proposition:  if you create a bracket for the NCAA basketball tournament, it's unlikely that you'll read anything for the first four days of the tournament.

I wanted to read over the last couple of days, but I've been completely unsuccessful.  I've been completely enthralled by the tournament, which has been outstanding, and have watched lots of games.  Last night I kept thinking I was going to turn off the TV after one game ended and start reading.  I'd get to the end, decide to watch a couple of minutes, and then . . . the outcome was no reading.  Same thing tonight.  I decided to post something to the blog to force myself to turn away from the TV for some period of time.

The whole week has been a very light reading week, due mostly to some distractions at work.  I have fallen behind on my reading challenges, so I need to get started back up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment